Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Scribble Picnic - MAIL/LETTERS

Today I'm combining my Scribble Picnic - MAIL/LETTERS with my ICAD Day 7 - ALLITERATION challenge ......................

Lots of Love Letters 


Done on a 4" x 6" index card with Prima Watercolors and Micron Pen.  I don't think I ever received a true "love" letter.  I do have a letter that HWNSNBP sent to me while I was away at college, but I wouldn't consider it a "love letter".  I do have most, if not all of the cards he's given me for birthdays and anniversaries as I know that he painstakingly picks them out not only for what's on the front, but for the words inside.  Those are my love letters.

From now until the end of July I might be combining the two challenges together on Wednesdays - we shall see how time dictates this.  I hope it doesn't break any rules.

Looking forward to visiting with all the Picnickers and looking forward to next week's prompt "BIRD".  How about joining in?

13 comments:

  1. You illustration speaks of love, the picture with who, and flowers....perhaps from the lover...tee hee. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda. I'm sure if I had any love letters they would be something I'd want to keep.

      Delete
  2. I truly love this piece you are sharing Lorraine - the tiny heart, ribbon, and framed photo all add to the mystery stack of letters which must be full of sweet nothings, perhaps promises, and much devotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary, one can only wonder what's in them.

      Delete
  3. So sweet, Lorraine! Love the colours too. I noticed that quite a few Picknickers went with a 'love letters' theme this week.

    I've seen a few different bloggers list more than one challenge theme in a post so I don't think you would be breaking any rules. You have me intrigued as to what the other challenge might be.

    Have a lovely week ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Serena. ICAD stands for Index Card A Day and runs from 6/1 to 7/31 with prompts each day. You don't have to use the prompts, the only rule is that your art for the day has to be done on an index card. This will be my 4th year.

      Delete
  4. Lorraine this is lovely! Thanks also for sharing your 'love' story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I think we were blessed that we had no long periods of time apart to have to write to one another. These days, the written word is in texts and e-mails.

      Delete
  5. this is sweet!. I like the heart there with the couple portrait. great take on the theme.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lissa. I used to collect little heart boxes.... still have them somewhere.

      Delete
  6. This is really beautifully done, Lorraine. I love it, the colours, the way the envelope is hanging off the edge of the table, the valentine heart candy, etc. Wonderful! Thank you so much. And whilst you may not have a love letter hand written like that, I'm so glad you have a hubby who takes time to pick you cards with the right words to express his love that way. A man of few written words and maybe verbal words then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely drawing Lorraine. I didn't get "love" letters from hubby either - just not his style but deep down love it real enough and that's all that counts. Beautiful colours.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet painting. Ah, the misery of being apart, but having the joy of being able to read and re-read the letters, then to write a heart-felt reply!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.